Ok – I’m on my way to integrating Google Voice into my “phone system” of my iPhone, RingCentral, and Google Voice. First, let me say that gVoice is pretty cool since it records all voicemails as mp3 files plus records all text messages. Being able to refer back to them at any time is very cool. The problem I’ve faced is how to use it effectively with my current mobile number (which everyone has) plus my RingCentral account – which I planned to use as my “business” phone line and fax line.
Here is what I have setup now:
My iPhone voicemail is automatically forwarded to my Google Voice account. This gives me an mp3 archive of all voicemails that I receive. I get a txt message and email alert to all voicemails received.
I use RingCentral primarily when I am at my computer so that I can easily record conversations (such as dealing with customer service departments). RingCentral also has a great faxing functionality.
So far all of this has greatly helped my manage my telephone calls. It’s not perfect and I receive a ton of phone calls, but it helps.
Call Forwarding Codes
[dest] = destination number
[sec] = number of seconds before forward
Cancel & Retain: #21*11#
Cancel & Forget: ##21*11#
Cancel & Retain: #67*11#
Cancel & Forget: ##67*11#
if no answer:
Cancel & Retain: #61*11#
Cancel & Forget: ##61*11#
Cancel & Retain: #62*11#
Cancel & Forget: ##62*11#
Conditional Forwarding / Unanswered Codes for carriers
1. Find your activation code in the list below.
2. Enter the first code exactly as written, as if you’re dialing someone. Replace [GVnumber] with your GV phone number. For example, if your GV phone number is 203-555-1212, and your service is CellCom, then you would enter *682035551212.
3. Press “Send” or “Talk” or “Enter” on your phone to dial that number.
4. If multiple codes are given, repeat steps 2 & 3 for each code. THIS IS IMPORTANT.
5. After following the steps above, try calling your mobile phone from another phone and leave a voicemail. The message should appear in your GV inbox!
Wireless Carrier or Network — Activation Code
AT&T Cingular, T-Mobile, GSM network: *004*1[GVnumber]*11#
Verizon (CDMA network): *71[GVnumber] AND *90[GVnumber] AND *92[GVnumber]
Verizon (TDMA Network): *74[GVnumber] and *73[GVnumber]
Bluegrass Cellular: *90#[GVnumber] and *92#[GVnumber]
Cincinnati Bell: *004*[GVnumber]#
US Cellular: *74[GVnumber]
If your wireless carrier is not listed, please call your carrier and ask them to configure the following three forwarding conditions to your GV number:
* Busy Call Forwarding (Busy Call Transfer)
* No Answer Call Forwarding (No Reply Forwarding)
* Unreachable Call Forwarding (Phone Off Forwarding)
Wireless Carrier Customer Care Number
Sprint: 1-888-211-4727 or dial *2 from your mobile phone
Nextel: 1-800-639-6111 or dial 611 from your mobile phone
Cellular One, Dobson, MetroPCS: Dial *611 from your mobile phone
Here are some deactivation codes:
1. Find your deactivation code in the table below.
2. Enter the first code exactly as written, as if you’re dialing someone.
3. Press “Send” on your phone to dial that number.
4. If multiple codes are given, repeat steps 2 & 3 for each code
Wireless Carrier or Network —> Deactivation Code
AT&T Cingular, T-Mobile, GSM network: ##004#
Verizon (CDMA network): *73 AND *900 AND *920
Verizon (TDMA Network): *740 AND *730
Bluegrass Cellular: *900 AND *920
Cincinnati Bell: ##004#
US Cellular: *740
Google Voice & iPhone Call Forwarding
Problem with limited iPhone call forwarding features
Instructions to use Google Voice as your voicemail when people call your cell phone number